tami's mission...

I hoped they'd call me on a mission... I didn't even have to grow a foot or two! :)

Hi! My name is Tami. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have recently accepted a call from the Lord to serve as a missionary in the Brazil Campinas Mission. Beginning August 28, 2013, I will be serving as 'Irma Larrabee' (that's "Sister Larrabee" in Portuguese). Follow my adventure as I get to know the good people of Brazil and share with them the thing I love the most, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is true!

Monday, December 2, 2013

A wonderful wonderful crazy day.

Yesterday was crazy! ANOTHER BAPTISM – one of our investigators, “James”, is the husband of “Rose” who has been a member for 22 years now. James finally decided to take the discussions and then he committed to baptism! YAY! He had a stroke or something and so his legs do not work now. Yesterday was his baptism! It has been such an ordeal getting this baptism together because #1 getting James in and out of the font took a special wheel-chair like invention and 6 people in the font and #2 his granddaughters are also getting baptized and they wanted to do it together. So that is a dual-ward baptism which is really hard to coordinate apparently. :) But yesterday we showed up for church and the power went out. And because of liability reasons, the stake president cancelled church. Everyone was freaking out because no one was coming to fix the lights until 1:30 and they were thinking it would take hours to fix and that means the baptism would have to be moved because the font takes 2 hours to fill, bla bla bla. So we prayed. The lights turned on at exactly 11:30. So there was no need to cancel church. Anyways. It was cancelled. And after all the chaos, the baptism happened at 3! Right on time. It was incredible to see all of the men in the font dressed in white who all worked together to baptize James. It was truly a testimony builder as we saw the power of the Priesthood work to lift their fellow man. It was great.

I also want to say how awesome my companions are. We are all trying to improve and be better missionaries and it is SO NICE. No one has to worry about saying things we think we could improve because we are all moving towards the same goal. They are so sweet and great. I really love them. It was a really good week. Full of daily ups and downs, but the Lord is with me every step of the way. He truly answers my prayers and is so aware of me.

Until next time!

Sister Larrabee


No comments:

Post a Comment