tami's mission...

I hoped they'd call me on a mission... I didn't even have to grow a foot or two! :)

Hi! My name is Tami. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have recently accepted a call from the Lord to serve as a missionary in the Brazil Campinas Mission. Beginning August 28, 2013, I will be serving as 'Irma Larrabee' (that's "Sister Larrabee" in Portuguese). Follow my adventure as I get to know the good people of Brazil and share with them the thing I love the most, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is true!

Monday, November 25, 2013

Salem!

Salem is great. It is not like Lexington. My companions are great. They are not Sister Pierson. I will get used to it I think. But the members are so fun and loving. I don't get their humor yet… but I'll get there. And the best part of Salem is that someone got BAPTIZED yesterday!!!! Her name is “Janessa”. She's 15 and she is awesome. I got to speak at her baptism which was so super fun. And super nerve-racking. I have never spoken at a baptism before! But we get fed here a lot more than Lexington and that is good -- especially since no one here feeds us shredded rabbit, possum chili, or leftover casserole. Ha ha! I'm just kidding around. Although the food in Lexington was different, I did like it. Twas just an adjustment. 

I don't have much time, so I'll have to go, but love you all!

Sister Larrabee

No comments:

Post a Comment