tami's mission...

I hoped they'd call me on a mission... I didn't even have to grow a foot or two! :)

Hi! My name is Tami. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have recently accepted a call from the Lord to serve as a missionary in the Brazil Campinas Mission. Beginning August 28, 2013, I will be serving as 'Irma Larrabee' (that's "Sister Larrabee" in Portuguese). Follow my adventure as I get to know the good people of Brazil and share with them the thing I love the most, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is true!

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Ode to Lexington

Today is the last day of my first transfer in the field. I cannot believe how fast 6 weeks has gone. Lexington is the promised land. The Bishop, the members, the scenery, the investigators... I will miss this place immensely. I am being transferred to Salem which is in the Roanoke Zone (my neighbor zone). I get to be in a trio which includes SISTER HABIBPOUR  my companion from the MTC! Win.

So I am sad to leave Lexington and Sister Wood and Sister Pierson, but not as sad as I thought I would be. It is very unusual that I would be leaving after 6 weeks because I am only half way done with training, and usually you stay with your trainer (sister Pierson) for 12 weeks- until training is completed. But it has actually been such a tender mercy to be leaving so unexpectedly because I realized how much trust I have in the Lord, which I don't think I quite realized before.

I do not want to part with Sister Pierson, but I am not as upset as I thought I would be. I know I'm going where the Lord wants. But Sister Pierson is the bomb. I love her so much. When we have been in interviews with President Pitt has apologized to both Sister Pierson and I so many times about splitting us up. "I tried to work around it, but the Lord has different things for you to do." He really doesn't want to split us because he sees how much love we have for each other and how well we work together, but he would not be doing transfers as the Lord intends if her didn't. In the last interview he said "I wish I could explain to you how strong the impression was that you should be with Sister Pierson." I can't explain how much I love her.

I love this place. I am sad to leave, but happy because I know it's where God wants me. I know nothing about it, but it feels kind of like Christmas Eve: God has blessings for me in Salem, and I have no idea what they are, but I get to start finding out tomorrow!!

Till I write again in Salem!

Sister Larrabee



No comments:

Post a Comment