tami's mission...

I hoped they'd call me on a mission... I didn't even have to grow a foot or two! :)

Hi! My name is Tami. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have recently accepted a call from the Lord to serve as a missionary in the Brazil Campinas Mission. Beginning August 28, 2013, I will be serving as 'Irma Larrabee' (that's "Sister Larrabee" in Portuguese). Follow my adventure as I get to know the good people of Brazil and share with them the thing I love the most, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is true!

Monday, May 5, 2014

In the Right Spot

I'm doing fine! I survived! I'm recovering!  I did not baptize the surgeon, but I did ITL (invite to learn) the nurse as I woke up from anesthesia. It was really hard, because I couldn't remember how to talk at first, but after several attempts I was able to say clear enough for her to understand "I'd love to invite you to learn more about our church." She didn't go for it, so I moved on to family history. :) We were supposed to do it together but she never called. Go figure. Haha! The news of my "ITL under anesthetic" has spread like wildfire through the mission. I'm famous now. So funny! I also am pretty sure that as they were putting me under I kept praying too. Don't really remember too well... But I am SO GRATEFUL that I got that little monster out and that now I can recover and get back to being a MISSIONARY!

I got to take the brand new sisters out on my first day back proselyting. That is one of the most fun privileges of being a Sister Training Leader in Charleston. I got to teach Traci with a new sister who shared a beautiful testimony. Her family doesn't really have enough money for her to be a missionary. She lives with her mom, and her income helps support the family. Now that she is on a mission, she has been a little concerned about her family back home. She received a letter from her mom a couple days before explaining that they were receiving money in unexpected ways. Like an unexpected tax return, and other ways. How cool is that?!?! The Lord provides a way.

He does provide a way. He has a plan! In my situation with the surgery and everything, it worked out so perfectly. The Lord will put you exactly where He wants you. What a privilege to be so loved that you can KNOW that you are in the right spot.

Love.

Sister Larrabee


No comments:

Post a Comment