tami's mission...

I hoped they'd call me on a mission... I didn't even have to grow a foot or two! :)

Hi! My name is Tami. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have recently accepted a call from the Lord to serve as a missionary in the Brazil Campinas Mission. Beginning August 28, 2013, I will be serving as 'Irma Larrabee' (that's "Sister Larrabee" in Portuguese). Follow my adventure as I get to know the good people of Brazil and share with them the thing I love the most, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is true!

Monday, October 28, 2013

A week of MIRACLES :)

Last week was a week of miracles. It would be impossible to name them all, but here are the two most blatant ones.

Yesterday I invited our new investigators to be baptized and they said yes!!! They are so prepared to receive the Gospel, it is unreal. “Julie” and “Steve” used to be Catholic but it "doesn't fit them anymore." Julie has cancer. She is friends with a lot of Mormons. She received a blessing from the Bishop and when she went to get her lymph nodes taken out, the masses inside were no longer malignant. She has researched the church so much and during the lesson she answered more of her husband’s questions that we did. Ha ha. The spirit was incredibly strong. We talked a lot about Priesthood authority and then I talked about receiving answers through the Book of Mormon. Steve got so excited... He was like "This makes sense, I was wondering how to go about getting an answer, but this makes sense. I'll do that :)" Julie says her goal is to go to the temple one year after baptism. Is this even REAL?!? The most beautiful thing about this is that I can see God answering their prayers. They have been searching for the church that God wants them to join and during the lesson, the Spirit told me that this was His answer to their sincere prayers. God answers prayers. Not only their prayers, but mine. Which brings us to the next miracle...

We met “Bob” at the Buena Vista Library which isn't in our area. We had to go there for our first p-day (preparation day- once a week we can shop, do laundry, do email... basically get caught up) because Sister Pierson (my companion) was going to meet someone from her old ward there to get some of her stuff she left. It turns out that her friend didn't actually work at that library. But we were there to meet Bob. Because it is a small library, we were the only ones there and I talked to him about the church. We both felt something special about him, so we started praying that we might run into him again. So on Thursday, The assistants to the President texted us and asked Sister Pierson to send baptismal pictures from her last area. Sending the pictures didn't even work, but we were supposed to go to the library on a Thursday because Bob was there (IT ISN'T EVEN THE SAME LIBRARY WHAT) and he's coming to the Ward party on Wednesday. He seemed so happy that we invited him. Yes.

I know God answers prayers. He is aware of every one of us. Miracles are real. Although those are pretty amazing miracles, we see innumerable tender mercies from the Lord every day. Pray to the Lord. He listens and will give you the miracles you need. Hope you all are doing well!

Lots of Love,

Sister Larrabee






No comments:

Post a Comment