tami's mission...

I hoped they'd call me on a mission... I didn't even have to grow a foot or two! :)

Hi! My name is Tami. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have recently accepted a call from the Lord to serve as a missionary in the Brazil Campinas Mission. Beginning August 28, 2013, I will be serving as 'Irma Larrabee' (that's "Sister Larrabee" in Portuguese). Follow my adventure as I get to know the good people of Brazil and share with them the thing I love the most, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is true!

Monday, March 3, 2014

Little Tender Mercies

So I was sick on Tuesday. And Thursday. And part of Friday. We had to push our exchange to next week, so that's going to be a crazy week. But good things happened too! We were able to teach some great lessons this weekend and the Zone Leaders' Investigator got BAPTIZED. I got to lead the music at the baptism. I looked like death still, but oh well. :)

But the miracle that I want to write about this week is a small tender mercy that the Lord gave us on Tuesday, because it meant a lot to Sister Herring and I. I felt like garbage on Tuesday and the Zone leaders were at the mission office, so Sister Herring and I drove there so I could get a blessing. That is a beautiful blessing in itself... Dear everyone: the Priesthood, or power of God, is on the earth today and there are many wonderful men who live worthy so they can bless others with it. But on the way back, we stopped at a gas station to pick up gingerale and crackers, and we were able to invite someone to learn about the gospel, who really needed us at that moment. She was having a particularly rough day during her rough life, which she told us about after we talked to her about Christ. It really is mind-blowing how Heavenly Father puts us in the right place at the right time for the benefit of His beloved children. Even on a day where we couldn't accomplish hardly anything at all, the Lord put someone in our path that we could help. That little thing meant the world to us. I love the Lord.

I'm feeling better now, so I am ready to attack next week! So excited!

Love,

Sister Larrabee

P.S. Here is a picture our District. They rock :)


No comments:

Post a Comment