tami's mission...

I hoped they'd call me on a mission... I didn't even have to grow a foot or two! :)

Hi! My name is Tami. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have recently accepted a call from the Lord to serve as a missionary in the Brazil Campinas Mission. Beginning August 28, 2013, I will be serving as 'Irma Larrabee' (that's "Sister Larrabee" in Portuguese). Follow my adventure as I get to know the good people of Brazil and share with them the thing I love the most, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is true!

Monday, April 14, 2014

Front Row Seat

"I got an ultrasound this week. It's a girl! Just kidding. :) I did get an ultrasound this week to check out my gallbladder. I'm NOT pregnant"

I said this to my ward mission leader this week. Unfortunately the two elders who serve as assistants to the president of the mission walked in at the wrong time and didn't realize that much of this statement was a joke. Elder Hansen's face... I will never forget it. This was probably the most embarrassing moment of my life! HAHA!

But anyways, how did my ultrasound go? Fine. I don't have gallstones, so they are going to do some more tests soon because I am DEFINITELY ill. How am I positive this is not just stress (everyone's first assumption). Well because #1 I was having the best time of my life and #2 I went on exchanges a couple areas over and threw up all night. Not the spiritually uplifting exchange I was going for... but... you know...

Wish I had time to update you on all the miracles going on. What a privilege it is to be serving in the middle of the mission. There are 4 sets of missionaries in this ward and they are all strictly obedient and fearlessly diligent which provides miracles in the lives of so many and I HAVE A FRONT ROW SEAT. I love being a missionary. Hopefully I can be well enough to do it more effectively soon.

Love ya'll. Thanks for the prayers :)

Sister Larrabee

No comments:

Post a Comment