tami's mission...

I hoped they'd call me on a mission... I didn't even have to grow a foot or two! :)

Hi! My name is Tami. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have recently accepted a call from the Lord to serve as a missionary in the Brazil Campinas Mission. Beginning August 28, 2013, I will be serving as 'Irma Larrabee' (that's "Sister Larrabee" in Portuguese). Follow my adventure as I get to know the good people of Brazil and share with them the thing I love the most, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is true!

Monday, April 21, 2014

I KNOW that He loveth His children

I am ill. This week I got a HIDI-scan. What is that? Well basically you get injected with Radioactive dye and you get to lie in one of those intimidating machines that takes pictures of your gallbladder. It takes a really long time. Near the end of it, they inject what the nurse called a "liquid big mac" and see what my gallbladder does. It was not the most pleasant experience in the world... I have been eating fat free to avoid the more intense waves of nausea... so a big mac... anyways. The point of this procedure is to determine the functionality of my gallbladder. If it is working at under 35% they have to take it out. My gallbladder is working at.... drum roll please... 0%. Not kidding. No wonder I feel like garbage. HA! So it's going to have to come out. We don't know how the insurance is going to go down or anything, but I sure hope we can make this happen here in WV. I could get back to work a lot faster!

I'm doing all I can and the Lord is truly making a difference. I should be satisfied with that, but it is kind of really disheartening to not be able to do what I have been doing. We went on another exchange this week and my energy was so much lower than normal. I love being a missionary with everything I have, and now that I have less to give it  is really frustrating.

But here is the great news. I can say with Nephi "I know that [our Heavenly Father] loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things" (1 Nephi 11:17). I don't understand why all things happen but I truly have a firm trust that he does nothing save it be for our benefit. He loves us with a perfect love. He has testified it to me through His Holy Ghost. I know it is true. And goodness, isn't that nice to know?

Have a good week because God is your FATHER and He loves you :)

Love,

Sister Larrabee

P.S. These are pictures of our wreath and the wreath belonging to the sisters we exchanged with this week. Ours is disgusting. We tried to make it Eastery... but their's has a LIVE BIRD FAMILY. HA HA HA! I hope you find this as hilarious as I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment